LA Optimized – Creative Taskforce
Helping Small Businesses Confront the Impacts of Covid-19
The need for businesses to adapt to the digital marketplace has become increasingly important. This need was further exacerbated by the pandemic as businesses decreased capacity and operations in order to prevent the spread of the virus. While many larger companies were able to adapt and thrive during this period, many small businesses have fallen behind. To close this equity gap, The City of Los Angeles, and the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development seek to help small businesses by creating or optimizing their business listing and websites through LA Optimized.
To further ensure that businesses have the marketing and branding collateral necessary to distinguish themselves and connect to consumers within the competitive digital marketplace, LA Optimized will connect small businesses to creative and design services. Current and aspiring creative professionals are encouraged to apply to join the Los Angeles City Creative Taskforce to work to support small businesses and help in the City’s economic recovery. Members will be selected by the City’s Creative Advisory Board, which is composed of an esteemed group of Los Angeles Creative Leaders. Creatives will be invited to participate in workshops, attend networking events, and receive mentorship opportunities to help further grow their own business or career. They will also be listed and promoted to businesses, corporations, and organizations as well as receive $500 grants per business they support by providing one of the following pro-bono services:
- Branding Kit: Kit will include logo, logomark, font(s), color palette, and other necessary assets, including a logo sized to numerous dimensions for use on social media and other platforms, as well as one additional simple design application (i.e. letterhead, business card, signage).
- Brand Collateral: Based on an existing brand, up to two graphic applications such as signage, menu of services, packaging design, website graphics/assets, etc.
- Video: Footage for up to three (3) hours to create a video montage approximately 3-5 minutes long to market the business.
- Photography: Up to 50 photographs for use on website and social media accounts.
- Copywriting: A tagline, copy for 5 social media posts, and website copy and/or editing for no more than 5 web pages.
*Please note, more details will be provided once accepted to the LA City Creative Taskforce.
Please note that Los Angeles City offers business tax exemptions to Creative professionals if the total taxable and nontaxable gross receipts from in and out-of-the-City that are attributable only to “creative activities” are less than $300,000. To find out more, please visit the City’s Office of Finance.
If you are interested in joining the Los Angeles City Creative Taskforce, please provide the following information below: